FS Airpark

The Virtual Aviation Community
It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A trip to France
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

My next charter ended up going all the way from the northern tip of Germany (Flensburg) to the northwestern corner of France (Dinard, I think it's called?).

I hope the pictures tell the story well enough... all add some commentary later if I can. The add-on scenery for LFRD is really good. The airport blends in seamlessly with the surroundings, and a custom landclass and mesh really give you the feeling of being there.

Post subject: Re: A trip to France
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:25 am 

Nice shots Dave!

Neat trick swaping from the Baron to a 152 in mid air ;) :lol:

Post subject: Re: A trip to France
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:29 am 
Site Admin

Hehe...

There was a landing in between... :wink: Like I said, I didn't have much time to comment on those pics. So here goes:

Dinard is about a 3.4-hour haul from Flensburg in the Baron. That's well within the range of the aircraft, and pushing the limits of what I would consider easy for most peoples' bladders. The routing is easy enough- just follow the coast.

As soon as I pushed the nose over for the descent, I knew I was in for a treat scenery-wise. The entire area around the airport came with a custom landclass and mesh, which really added a lot. Seems like most scenery designers do an airport and a few trees around it. Not so here. This package was the whole thing.

I have many more great shots of the area I couldn't include because it would have just been overwhelming. But the shots in this post are, I think, representative of the area.

Got there, got the Baron tied down, and borrowed a local 150 for a little sightseeing while the customers took care of their business. (The Cessna 150 model is a great piece of freeware. It even shakes when it's flying. I don't know how they did that, but it's great!)

By the time we left in the afteroon, the weather was deteriorating. I had to make up an NDB approach to get back into Flensburg, but it worked out just fine.

Now I'm off to England/Ireland to check out some scenery add-ons I picked up for those places. But it was nice to take Luft Nord's Baron out for a walk or two, and I think I'll probably be back!

Cheers,

Dave