FS Airpark

The Virtual Aviation Community
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:03 am 

Thought you might like to see some screenshots of my aircraft and some pics of their real world counterparts.
My first FS Airpark acquisition:

The Cessna 140A

And my Piper:

Image Image

Last edited by Steven Winslow on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:39 am 
Site Admin

Very nice! X-plane, right? Graphics are better than I thought. Are those freeware models? Did you paint them yourself?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:15 pm 

Yes, X-Plane. And the graphics are actually better than the screenshots show. I have my settings set fairly close to default so I can get good frame rates. I'll post more screenshots....now that you've taught me how! Actually, the problem was that the img button was giving me two sets of brackets at the front and back end of the image url. I got it figured out finally.

The Cessna is a freeware plane by Jacques Brault downloaded from www.x-plane.org. I changed the tail number and changed the color of the striping. Not really a repaint, in my opinion. It think the original paint was green.

The Piper is a payware plane from Jason Chandler at c74.net. He makes amazing planes and I have all his Pipers, Cessnas, Cirrus, Beechcraft plus his Piper Jet. Again, on the Piper, I just changed the tail number, although I did change the spinner color to match the real world plane. The real world Piper, I assume, is original factory paint.

I have the new Beechcraft Sundowner C23 from X-Aviation/Leading Edge Simulations and it would be nice to "buy" that one next...when I have permission. I've done a bit more painting on that one to match a real world plane I've found on the internet.

Later,
Steve

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

Steve,

Your next promotion is a bit trickier, but the good news is there's no minimum wait. All you have to do is get "hired" by an FBO and the promotion should occur automatically.

I'm thinking of shutting down/consolidating some of the FBOs due to a lack of management. There are currently more FBOs than there are active members! But it's nice to have them spread out over some space geographically, since FBO locations are currently the only places where people and aircraft can get started.

If you want an FBO in Bozeman, it can be done easily enough. Lots of great places to fly up there. After a little bit (whenever you're ready) you can take over managing it. Or, if you'd like an FBO to represent Air Northwest, that can also be done, and would get you pretty well established for when the next version of the site goes live and FBOs and VAs become a little more meaningful in the lives of FS Airpark pilots.

Or, you can fly for one of the existing FBOs like the ones in SLC, LGU, and TTD. Whatever works for you...

Dave

PS- Here's my Cessna 140 that I repainted based on the one below:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:04 am 

Dave,

I'd love to have an FBO in Bozeman. I was actually going to propose that to you. If you want to set it up to represent Air Northwest, that's fine by me. I can see that being beneficial for both of us.

Nice job on your Cessna 140! Almost can't tell which one is which.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 am 

When the day comes I'd like 3 FBO's. One in the Caribbean ( TNCM ), one in the Northeast ( KHYA ) and one in South Florida (KLNA ). Just let me know what I need to do to get there.

Dave C.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Already got an FBO at TNCM, and there's one at KHTO that isn't doing anything and could just as easily be moved to KHYA. KLNA is also a fine candidate for a location, since there's currently nothing in the Southeast.

As far as "getting there," you're on the right track. I'd just like to see that someone has showed enough interest in the site before I hand over the keys to an FBO. But if the site needs one thing right now, it's more FBO managers. So it should be pretty easy. :wink:

I'll get you hired on at SNC and see about getting some more planes in the system to fly out of there. I assume the Bonanza you wanted would be an A36?

What kind of charter equipment should we have out of Chester? In real life, they've got a nice Seneca twin they run out of there. I'm partial to Barons in the sim (Dreamfleet...) and I've operated one out of there consistently. It's pretty tricky to get a smooth landing on that teeny runway, but that's more my fault than the airplane's.

Dave A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:25 am 

Dreamfleet Bonanza A36 (all day long!) If you own the Baron, i'll probably just buy it myself to keep things easy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 am 

I have all of the Dreamfleet singles. ( Bonanza, Archer, and Dakota ) I also have the Aerosoft Beaver. A few of those sprinkled around the system would be nice! I have great West Indies sceneries and I really like a Beaver to fly to Saba and St Barts with down there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

The DF Baron is really great (probably lots of common models and textures with the A36). And the lite version, which I have, is only like $18. I'll get an A36 in the system for you. I'm also thinking of bringing in a Cessna 210 for charters out of Chester. (got the Carenado of that one)

There's an unclaimed Beaver floating around the system somewhere that I can move to TNCM for you, too.

So many airplanes, so little time... :wink: