FS Airpark

The Virtual Aviation Community
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Mark, thanks for the beautiful airplane. Took the Carenado Cessna 210 for a spin. Chesapeake Regional (KCPK) to Shenandoah Valley (KSHD) and then on to Delaware Airpark (33N). Boy, is she fast! 170 true at recommended cruise settings (2500 RPM 24" MP)

You really get the feeling of flying something bigger and stronger with this one. After reading some reviews of real-world 210s, I could really feel the engine chewing itself up. (1400 hrs. TBO on a 300-hp beast) But, if you've got to move a lot of stuff, in a hurry, and be able to land just about anywhere once you arrive, this could be your new best friend!

The paint job is from AVSIM and is actually the factory paint scheme for the 2007 Stationair. But I like it, and it's based on a real 210 that someone had done that way.

Loading up at KCPK

On the open road!

Climbing out of KSHD, Blue Ridge Mountains

Passing Washington, DC on the way to Delaware

The virtual cockpit and panel make for a very immersive experience. On the second leg, I found myself tuning up the VORs and flying airways. I even shot a VOR approach to runway 27 at 33N. With two notches of flaps she held 90 KIAS and a 500 fpm descent perfectly on final.

Thanks, Mark. Good stuff!

Happy landings,

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:41 am 

Great shots Dave!

I really glad you like her, she served me well when I was in a small Bush VA called Evergreen operating in the North West of US. It's no more unfortuately. I'm glad Carendao argeed to the swaping of the license.

I think you can see why I said that some addon aircraft are just in a different league when compared to the defaults. :D

Enjoy!

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, there's definitely a wide range of quality out there. Usually, it seems, you get what you pay for. But there are some excellent freeware aircraft, too. Allied FS Group has given us an incredible King Air, a Pilatus PC-12, and a few others if you're into anything kerosene-burning. I also have a great Cessna 150 (I think by Massimo Grassi) that really brings back memories of my first flying lessons. I'll have to post some shots of that. It's every bit as good as the Carenado stuff, and in some cases more sophisticated in terms of neat little tricks in the model.

Life's too short to fly default aircraft with default scenery. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:51 pm 

Agreed there is some quality freeware, especially for FS9. Unfortunately FSX seems to be lacking, I think MS made the changes a little far reaching and some of our better designer threw the towel in.

Miltons excellent Twin Commander (and all of his stuff to be honest!)
A nice c119 Boxcar was about
Let410 if memory serves
All to name just a few.